A Unique Soil Ecology Company That Uses Biomimicry to Restore the Quality of Soil
SOIL SECRETS: Restores The Natural Process Of Soil Building
UNLOCKING THE SECRETS TO A HEALTHY SOIL!
Soil Secrets is a green and sustainable New Mexico business that follows the ethics and business code of the Triple Bottom Line, People – Planet – Profit. Soil Secrets is devoted to using the best molecular science and biomimicry for repairing or jump starting a healthy soil.
Biomimicry is innovation inspired by Nature. It’s the process of looking at how Nature does something, such as building top soil, and figuring out how to copy that process.
LEARN ABOUT SOIL SECRETS
- Approved for use on any organic certified farm in the U.S.
- Environmentally sound
- Made from rapidly renewable sources
- Contributes to the benefit of the environment rather than mine the earth
- Uses biological factors that are going to make any landscape dramatically drought tolerant
The science of Soil Secrets is based primarily on 2 factors:
- Humus: The use of humus, an essential product of soil chemistry and without it you can not have a healthy or productive soil.
- Mycorrhizal: This helps plants find water and find mineral nutrition from the soil. In nature, they exist. But when you are dealing with a man made landscape, such as a golf course, park or farm, where we’ve done the slicing and dicing in order to build that landscape, we essentially destroy about 40,000 years of soil microbiology. This microbiology does not come back real easily.
Healthy Soil globally affects the health of our oceans, air, nutrient density of our food and the health of everything and everyone concerned. Soil Secrets uses the best science known that contributes to the better health of soil in order to ‘Instigate – Stimulate – & Cultivate’ the natural processes of Nature’s best soil.
A soil conditioner is a product which is added to soil to improve the soil’s physical qualities such as the structure, the porosity, its water holding potential, and its ability to provide nutrition. Both Commercial TerraPro and Ag grade TerraPro are sold as a dry granular formulation.
Added to the soil with the objective of feeding the community of soil microbes including the bacteria, the mycorrhizal fungi and the larger animals of the soil such as earth worms. Soil Food needs to be composed of nutritional calories of protein in order to provide the building blocks of all life which are the amino acids.
A biofertilizer is a substance which contains living microorganisms, which, when applied to seeds, plant surfaces, or soil, colonize the rhizosphere or the interior of the plant and promotes growth by increasing the supply or availability of primary nutrients to the host plant. Biofertilizers add nutrients through the natural processes of fixing nitrogen in the soil or in the roots of plants such as legumes, solubilizing phosphorus, and stimulating plant growth through the synthesis of growth-promoting substances.